Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Things that make me grin

"So wait... multiplying by 1/2 is just the same as dividing by two, right?"



"Ms. Breeden, can you do an example of a trapezoid problem where we have to use trigonometry?"



"We were talking about the NMSBA [New Mexico Standard Based Assessment] today and I was thinking about all the things I don't understand. I never really got box and whisker plots, do you think you could explain that to us, Ms. Breeden?"



I kid you not, in a single, very magnificent day, all of these questions were asked by my students. When I asked for questions at the end of my lesson, these beautiful, inteligent kids actually raised their hands and said something other than, "Can I go to the bathroom?" (although there were of course still a few of those). While it's not exactly my style to sing and dance in front of the classroom, I sure felt like I could today.

1 comment:

Missuz J said...

Nice questions.

You sound as though you are doing an amazing job. Well done.